National Criminal Information Bureau Search
Doherty understands the need to have all employees screened for potential concerns that could place a company at risk. Understanding the need to be fiscally responsible and the need to hire quickly, Doherty has partnered with Asurint to provide in‐depth, comprehensive criminal background reports. The most comprehensive instant product is Asurint’s National Criminal Information Bureau (NCIB) Search, which provides results utilizing Asurint’s proprietary national criminal database, comprised of aggregated criminal public record data from counties and courts across the country. This one search provides an instant national criminal result covering over 85% of the U.S. by population.
Doherty desires to provide a safe and secure workplace for our employees and for our clients that have our personnel working on premises. We also desire to protect the property of our clients and our public image. In evaluating a conviction record as part of an employment decision, consideration is given to:
- The nature and gravity of the offense(s) for which convicted
- The time that has passed since the conviction(s) and/or completion of the sentence
- The nature and requirements of the jobs that might be available through Doherty
- Instant clears
- Fair Credit Reporting Act compliant confirmations on all concerns
Database Search Consists of:
- Department of Corrections
- Administrator of courts for each state
- 50 state sex offender registry, plus District of Columbia
- All felony and misdemeanor convictions posted and included
- Database is updated every 30-40 days, depending on jurisdiction
Minimum Standards: Matrix for Evaluating Criminal Convictions
This Matrix serves as a general guideline for evaluating criminal conviction information to determine eligibility for assignments/employment with Doherty. While the Matrix already incorporates the general hiring considerations, evaluations of conviction records may also take into account additional individual circumstances. If a conviction occurred after the original application process, it may be used in determining eligibility for future assignments with the company. Consideration will also be given to additional factors in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Each crime category includes only felony convictions
- Aid/Abet, Conspiracy & Attempt convictions related to offenses shall be treated in the same manner as the crime
- Subject to change; based on state/local laws
Y = Eligible for hire or promotion
N = Not eligible for hire, unless specified for a specific position
*Will not be eligible to be placed on assignment for the number of years indicated above for Accounting, Finance, Credit Card or similar positions. Information contained herein is not intended as legal advice. Please consult your attorney for guidance regarding your company’s particular situation.